Parks & Recreation
The Town of Plainfield is home of six parks including one of the largest township parks, Hummel Park.
- Anderson Park- 7 acres with a picnic shelter, bench seating, and a children's playground.
- Franklin Park- 35 acres with shelter houses, lighted tennis courts and ball diamonds.
- Friendship Gardens- 13 acres with Gazebo Pavilion, waterfall, flower gardens, and Veteran's Memorial.
- Plainfield Skate Park-Skate Park admission is now free.
- Swinford Park-25 acres including playground equipment, tennis courts, a volleyball court, a horseshoe pit, 3 lighted and 1 unlighted ball diamonds and one shelter house.
- Hummel Park-75 acres with a 1-1/8 mile paved track, multiple picnic shelters and gazebos, nature trails, sports fields and a Community Center.
The town is also home to the Plainfield Recreation & Aquatic Center located at 651 Vestal Road. The center offers a variety of indoor and outdoor activities created with families in mind, including the Splash Island Family Waterpark. The tropical themed water park includes three waterslides, an interactive playing area for all ages, kiddie slides, water jets, a gentle winding river, and much more. For more information about Splash Island and the Plainfield Recreation & Aquatic Center call (317) 839-7665 (POOL)
Plainfield can also take pride in the Al & Jan Barker Sports Complex. These soccer, baseball and football fields serve all youth from age 4 to age 18. In addition, the new complex will include the “Miracle Field,” a unique synthetic-surface facility that will enable physically challenged youth and adults to maneuver their wheel chairs, walkers and similar devices throughout the field of play.
Also visit the Plainfield Parks and Recreation Department for more information.